Corporate Office - Vancouver, British Columbia
Orla Mining Ltd. is a TSX-V listed gold mining exploration and development company striving to become the next emerging gold producer through the development of its Camino Rojo (Mexico) and Cerro Quema (Panama) projects.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Controller is responsible for providing a support to the finance function through project management, analysis and reporting. The Corporate Controller position is based in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Manage accounting operations including journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with IFRS and assist in the preparation of MD&A.
- Manage all internal and external financial audits, tax audits or compliance
- Oversee tax compliance and planning with external
- Manage all public market filings as may be required by regulatory
- Maintain financial databases and continually assess the adequacy of financial
- Responsible for the overall internal financial controls throughout the
- Research complex accounting issues under IFRS for proper accounting
- Oversee banking and cash flows for the company and provide cash flow
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting
- Generate reports of performance against
- Develop and manage relationships with financial institutions, auditors and insurance
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CPA) with extensive knowledge of IFRS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related discipline
- Detailed accounting knowledge of GL, A/R, A/P, payroll, FP&A, budgeting, financial reporting and cash management
- Detailed understanding of TSX and TSX-V regulatory requirements
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated individual with the will to learn
- 5+ years of experience, ideally with some exposure to the mining industry
- Clear and thorough understanding of financial modeling techniques
- Strong relationship development and communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to effectively prioritize and adapt in a small but dynamic work environment
- Analytic and quantitative approach to thinking
How to Apply
Posting Closing Date: July 31, 2018