Orla has an opening for a Director, Investor Relations, based in our corporate office in Toronto, Ontario. The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading the investor relations function by executing the key responsibilities of the role described below. The Director, Investor Relations is expected to have a strong ability to communicate clearly with market participants, have high energy, the ability to established contacts, strong organizational skills and be prepared to travel frequently. The Director, Investor Relations will be reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Build a detailed understanding of all aspects of the business and assist in creating external corporate messaging
- Build/maintain relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Build/maintain relationships with buy side and sell side market participants
- Comprehension of the overall investment climate, both emotional and technical drivers that impact the company’s performance and perception, then outline measure the company can take to improve
- Creation of various corporate presentations (conferences, corporate update, quarter end, investor day, site tours, etc.)
- Draft news releases as appropriate
- Maintain and manage the company website and social media platform to ensure information is accurate, up to date and the public message current and relevant
- Plan site tours, investor day, road shows, etc.; coordinate with senior management at site level and in corporate office
- Management of road shows and conferences, meeting coordination and other administrative duties
- Manage the Investor Relations phone line and inbox, answer calls and redirect as appropriate, communicate the Orla story, recent results, etc. with retail investors
- Conduct peer benchmarking on valuation, relative performance, shareholder base, strategy, reporting, marketing and messaging, etc. and outlines steps on how Orla can improve
- Track consensus estimates, understand the gaps between actuals and estimates
- Provide support to executive team with various matters
- Analyze monthly information related to investor relations and produce a monthly Investor Relations report for distribution to senior management and the board of directors
- Understand the corporate consolidated model and financial statements in details to provide analysis and assist in guiding investors and research analysts
- Create and maintain various databases
- Assist with quarter end process (collect analysts’ commentaries, Q&A, script, new releases, etc.); consider ways to improve and streamline process
- Review research reports as published, identify gaps/discrepancies in assumptions, report key points, etc. and provide feedback to analysts and investors accordingly
- Lead longer term projects or initiatives as needed
- Provide support from time to time to corporate development efforts through research and analysis of mineral properties and financial analysis
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or a related discipline
- Highly motivated individual with the will to learn
- 5+ years of experience
- Keen interest in capital markets
- Ability to build complex cash flow financial models
- Clear and thorough understanding of the financial modeling techniques used by analysts to project a company’s operating and financial performance and the resulting value for the stock
- Strong relationship development, and communication skills, both oral and written
- Analytic and quantitative approach to thinking
- Previous experience in investor relations, corporate development, investment banking, or equity research recommended
- Ability to prioritize, manage tasks, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Strong logistical (travel) and schedule planning skills
How to Apply
Send us a PDF of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director, Investor Relations – your name” in the subject line.
Please include salary expectations. We are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.