Corporate Office - Vancouver, British Columbia
Orla Mining Ltd. is a TSX-listed company developing the Camino Rojo Project, an advanced gold and silver open-pit and heap leach project, in Zacatecas State, Mexico. Orla also owns the Cerro Quema Project in Panama which includes a near-term gold production scenario and various exploration targets.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Accounts Payable/Payroll Administrator position is based in downtown Vancouver, BC.
- Process accounts payable including obtaining approvals and invoice coding, and resolving issues with vendors.
- Scan and file invoices
- Request and reconcile vendor statements
- File and maintain appropriate records and vendor data
- Reconcile and process executives’ monthly credit card statements
- Process payments in the form of cheques, wire transfers, and EFTs
- Process semi-monthly payroll using ADP Power Pay
- Prepare monthly reporting and remittance and year-end tax slips (e.g. T4s & T4As)
- Maintain accurate payroll records and employee files; reconcile payroll account
- Set up new employees, and fulfill payroll requirements upon termination
- Administer benefits, such as enrolments, terminations, and changes
- Related communications with employees and insurance carriers
- Prepare payroll-related journal entries.
- Answer employee questions regarding payroll matters
- Provide administrative support to finance team, internal employees and office as required
- File GST monthly returns and remittances to government
Key Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a payroll or accounting environment
- Understanding of full cycle accounting
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously and confidentially with staff and external organizations
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to work both independently and in a team oriented environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Although not required, knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV is an asset
- Although not required, ability to communicate in Spanish is an asset.
How to Apply
Posting Closing Date: March 31, 2019